Bartoli not planning on tennis comeback despite signing for pre-Wimbledon event
'Tired' Bartoli not planning on tennis comeback despite signing for pre-Wimbledon event
Defending Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli has insisted that she is not planning to make a full-time comeback to the sport even though she will play a Liverpool grass-court exhibition event in June.
The Frenchwoman, who was a shock champion at Wimbledon last year, quit the sport just a month after blaming the toll the tour was taking on her, although she has agreed to sign up for the pre- Wimbledon exhibition event to be staged at Liverpool University from June 19-22.
However, Sport24 reports that Bartoli said the Liverpool event will be a one-off appearance as she will not be making a full-time comeback, adding that she will be reaching 30 later this year and her body is 'extremely tired'.
Bartoli further said that she has other passions along with tennis, which take a lot of hard work and dedication, adding that she is moving on with her life and never felt that she took a wrong decision to retire from the sport.
Bartoli also said that whenever she thinks about her tennis career, it brings her 'pure happiness' and pride but she does not feel that she is missing out by retiring. (ANI)