Bayern Munich join race to sign Chelsea's David Luiz
According to Metro.co.uk, Luiz, who joined the Blues from Benfica in January 2011, has been forced to watch from the sidelines in recent weeks as Gary Cahill has forged a partnership with John Terry, with the Brazilian making just 11 appearances all season.
After reportedly turning down a move to Barcelona over the summer, Luiz's Chelsea future has been thrown into doubt once more, with German champions Bayern Munich now entering the fray according to A Bola, the report said.
Should another club come calling in January, Luiz may be forced to seriously consider his options with the World Cup fast approaching in his home country, the report added.
Whether Chelsea would be willing to sell is another matter, however, with only Branislav Ivanovic then remaining as cover at centre-half for Terry and Cahill. The report further said.
However, it seems under Jose Mourinho, Luiz, once regarded as a future Chelsea captain, will have a tough time regaining a regular place in the Blues' starting XI, the report mentioned. (ANI)
- Mourinho expecting David Luiz to stay at Chelsea despite Barcelona's interest
- Mourinho says Barcelona target David Luiz will remain at Chelsea
- Chelsea's David Luiz looking forward to winning more 'silverware' after signing new deal
- Chelsea reject Man City's £30m bid for David Luiz
- Barcelona set to offer €29m for Chelsea's David Luiz