Beckham set to buy Miami MLS franchise for $25m
Since retiring from football at the end of last season, Beckham has been widely linked with taking up the option to buy a franchise in the MLS at a discounted rate of 25 million dollars, which he was offered upon signing for LA Galaxy in 2007.
The former England captain, along with MLS commissioner Don Garber, is expected to announce the deal in a press conference on Wednesday, Metro.co.uk reports.
Beckham is still seeking funding to build a Miami waterfront stadium for the team, who could begin playing in 2017 should the prospective 25,000-seater ground be given the go-ahead by investors. (ANI)
- Beckham hints at bringing in former colleagues for new MLS side
- LeBron James considering launching MLS franchise with Beckham
- Beckham hints Ronaldo could be first signing for Miami soccer team
- Beckham unveils new plans for £125m stadium for MLS team in Miami
- Beckham could come out of retirement to play in new MLS team