Berlusconi claims AC Milan won't be signing Balotelli
AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi has once again tried to simmer down rumours around Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli's move to San Siro, saying the Italian giants don't have enough funds to secure his signing.
The striker's agent Mino Raiola was due to hold talks with City boss Roberto Mancini on Thursday, the Sun reports.
But Berlusconi, who branded Balotelli a rotten apple earlier this month, said the Serie A giants do not have the cash to fund the 24 million pound splurge.
Milan is also looking into bringing Kaka back to the San Siro from Real Madrid, but Berlusconi said neither of the two stars would join the club.
Berlusconi added it's not possible in this day and age to play Monopoly.
Milan were hoping to pay City in instalments but with the trail going cold Balotelli is now likely to be in City's squad for tomorrow's FA Cup fourth-round clash at Stoke. (ANI)
- Balotelli set to join AC Milan despite Berlusconi's 'rotten apple' comment
- AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi puts Balotelli on transfer list
- Balotelli's transfer to AC Milan still on despite Berlusconi's 'rotten apple' comment
- AC Milan plan £20m bid for Man City's Balotelli
- Balotelli urges Man City to stick with Mancini