Ecclestone back in Formula 1 after bribery case settlement
Formula one boss Bernie Ecclestone said he was 'an idiot' for paying hundred million dollars to get back to F1 racing but was grateful that the bribery trial had ended.
Ecclestone said that he would have saved a lot of money if he had waited till October when his trial was scheduled to end.
The case was settled under a German code of procedure that allows prosecutors to drop a case in exchange for a fine provided it does not disturb any degree of guilt.
According to The Daily Express, judge Peter Noll when asked Ecclestone that if hundred million dollars could be raised in a week, his defence lawyer agreed that it could be done.
Now the bribery trial remains settled and Ecclestone would retain his position in the board of the company. (ANI)
- Formula One chief Ecclestone expecting bribery charges to be cleared before trial
- Ecclestone wants to run F1 for as long as he can
- Ecclestone confident of returning as F1 director once bribery case ends
- Banker reveals Ecclestone paid him $44m bribe to assist business deal
- Ecclestone – F1′s Napoleon with a nose for business