Becker expects injured Murray to return to tennis with renewed hunger
According to The Scotsman, Murray had minor surgery on his troublesome back a month ago and last week confirmed his season was over when he withdrew from the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.
News from the Murray camp has nevertheless been encouraging and in around a month's time the Scot will travel to Miami to begin his winter training camp as he builds up to the new season, the report said.
The nature of the tennis calendar means breaks are usually no more than a few days, even at the end of a season, the report added.
Becker said that he did not know the extent of Murray's injury but a back surgery was never a good thing, adding that if a player is forced to take time out, he becomes more hungry to win and realizes how much he loves the sport.
He added that Rafael Nadal's comeback could serve as a good example for the Scot. (ANI)
- Murray to face either Nadal or Federer in Wimbledon semi-final
- Becker fears Nadal may quit Wimbledon 'for good' after shock exit
- Murray slips out of world's top 10 for 1st time since 2008
- Murray eying Mauresmo as 'long term' coach
- Ferguson: Watching Murray at Wimbledon 'more emotionally involving' than Man Utd