Cavani demands face to face talks with De Laurentiis
Edinson Cavani has voiced his dismay with Napoli boss Aurelio De Laurentiis' latest comments about the prolific attacker's future and has demanded showdown talks with the flamboyant club president.
De Laurentiis jokingly said that he "would smash Cavani's head in" if he had not made a decision about his future yet when he returns to the club on July 20, but the 26-year-old is not amused with the Partenopei chief's remarks.
"The quotes by the president were heavy and very strong. I don't like it. I want to talk to him face to face," Cavani told reporters after Sunday night's demolition of minnows Tahiti in the Confederations Cup.
Cavani has caught the attention of clubs such as Real Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester City and is continually being linked with a move away from Napoli.
De Laurentiis stated last week that a transfer is by no means a certainty, however, as he believes City will have to sell players first before they could afford Cavani's price, while he stated Chelsea have yet to make a formal offer.
The 26-year-old has a contract with Napoli until the summer of 2017, but he has a limited fee release clause of €63 million.
His clause expires on August 10, though, and De Laurentiis stated at the weekend that he expects the prolific attacker to stay put.