Champions League draw: Real Madrid face Liverpool, Barcelona versus PSG
Reigning European champions Real Madrid have been drawn with five-time winners Liverpool in the Champions League group stage draw held in Monaco on Thursday.
Carlo Ancelotti's men achieved the Decima in May with a final win over Atletico Madrid and they will also face Swiss side Basel and Bulgarian champions Ludogorets in Group B as they try to become to first team in the Champions League to win back-to-back titles.
Meanwhile, their Clasico rivals Barcelona have been given a testing group as they will need to navigate their way past Paris Saint-Germain - led by former striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic - Dutch champions Ajax and Cyprus minnows APOEL.
Bayern Munich, coached by former winner Pep Guardiola, will aim for their fourth final in six years but have arguably been handed the Group of Death as they will need to overcome Premier League winners Manchester City, Russian side CSKA Moscow and Serie A runners-up Roma to get out of Group E.
Chelsea, Champions League victors in 2011-12, were drawn with Schalke, Portuguese opposition Sporting and Slovenian side Maribor.
- Champions League draw: Real Madrid paired with Juventus, Barcelona face Milan again
- Champions League draw: Barcelona take on Man City, Arsenal face Bayern Munich again
- Man City land again into 'group of death' at UCL
- Ronaldo named Uefa's Best Player in Europe
- Manchester City fears landing into another group of death in Champions League