Chelsea set to hold talks with Napoli's Cavani
Chelsea set to hold talks with Napoli's Cavani
Click here to add Alex Ferguson as an alert
Disable alert for Alex Ferguson,
Click here to add Andy Carroll as an alert
Disable alert for Andy Carroll,
Click here to add Brendan Rodgers as an alert
Disable alert for Brendan Rodgers,
Click here to add Champions League as an alert
Disable alert for Champions League,
Click here to add Edinson Cavani as an alert
Disable alert for Edinson Cavani,
Click here to add Ezequiel Lavezzi as an alert
Disable alert for Ezequiel Lavezzi,
Click here to add Frank Lampard as an alert
Disable alert for Frank Lampard,
Click here to add Jim Lawlor as an alert
Disable alert for Jim Lawlor,
Click here to add John Terry as an alert
Disable alert for John Terry,
Click here to add Juvenal Juvencio as an alert
Disable alert for Juvenal Juvencio,
Click here to add Leonardo as an alert
Disable alert for Leonardo,
Click here to add Liverpool as an alert
Disable alert for Liverpool,
Click here to add Lucas Moura as an alert
Disable alert for Lucas Moura,
Click here to add Milan as an alert
Disable alert for Milan,
Click here to add Mino Raiola as an alert
Disable alert for Mino Raiola,
Click here to add Newcastle as an alert
Disable alert for Newcastle,
Click here to add São Paulo as an alert
Disable alert for São Paulo,
Click here to add Thiago Silva as an alert
Disable alert for Thiago Silva,
Click here to add TT as an alert
Disable alert for TT,
Click here to add Zlatan Ibrahimovic as an alert
Disable alert for Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Cavani has developed into one of European football’s deadliest strikers, becoming one of the most in demand players after impressive performances in the Champions League and Serie A.
The 26-year-old has a strong scoring record, notching 66 goals in just 94 games since joining the club in 2010.
But the Uruguayan’s wage demands are believed to be holding up the deal, with The Daily Express reporting that the player is holding out for a contract worth 150,000 pounds a week to earn parity with John Terry and Frank Lampard.
Paris St. Germain have agreed personal terms with AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, with the Sweden captain expected to be unveiled by the club Wednesday afternoon.
The Parisian club’s general manager Leonardo confirmed Tuesday that the deal would go ahead.
“An agreement has been reached and he [Ibrahimovic] will be having his medical [Wednesday],” he said.
“It’s a great year for PSG. That such a player is coming here is enormous – it can change everything.”
Earlier Tuesday, the player’s agent Mino Raiola had revealed that Ibrahimovic would be leaving the Italian side.
“It’s a deal – I can confirm that,” he told Swedish news agency TT.
Italian website Sportsmediaset said that the Swedish international has accepted a mammoth offer worth 12 million euros ($14.73 million) a year.
Speculation had been rampant that the player would join his former Milan teammate Thiago Silva at the Qatari-backed club, who have already secured the services of Argentine forward Ezequiel Lavezzi from Napoli.
Sir Alex Ferguson has been told by Sao Paulo representatives that the club are obliged to pay the player 20 percent of any transfer fee the Brazilian side receive for the 19-year-old.
Initial reports had suggested that Sao Paulo were demanding 30 million pounds, with 6 million pounds of that figure owed to the player, but it has emerged that Lucas Moura will be entitled to 30 percent should a transfer be completed after Aug. 1.
The Daily Mail writes that Sao Paulo president Juvenal Juvencio has asked United to pay the 4 million pounds difference should the deal be delayed, and has refused to accept any deal which would reduce the club’s 24 million pound share.
The club’s chief scout Jim Lawlor was sent to Brazil last week to thrash out a deal for Moura, but the latest development may lead Ferguson to look elsewhere for reinforcements.
While there is little doubt in Moura’s ability, United are known to be reluctant to offer more money for a 19-year-old who has never played outside Brazil.
After reportedly having decided to stay at Liverpool to fight for his place, Andy Carroll has let it be known that he wants to make a sensational return to former club Newcastle.
The Newcastle Chronicle writes that Carroll has told his representatives to “take me home.”
The 23-year-old has been told by Reds boss Brendan Rodgers that he will not feature much in the starting lineup next season, with the England striker now looking to join his hometown club.
The news is said to have come as a disappointment to Carroll, who had hoped to prove his worth to the club in pre-season, but Liverpool’s willingness to court interest suggests his days at Anfield are numbered.
Liverpool rejected the Magpies’ initial bid to bring the player back on loan as they sought to hold out for permanent offers, but Newcastle are believed to be ready to return with an improved offer.
The Merseyside club are seeking at least 20 million pounds from any sale after having splashed out 35 million pounds on Carroll in January 2011.
This figure might prove too much for Newcastle, particularly when taking into account the player’s 80,000-pounds-a-week wages.