Cristiano Ronaldo to become 3rd youngest European player to reach 100 caps
Ronaldo picking up his 100th cap, will reflect on a career, which started in central defence and was marked by early shyness before an explosion of attacking flair, making him one of football's greatest players.
"It was on Aug 20, 2003, against Kazakhstan, that I put on our national shirt for the first time. It was one of the most memorable moments of my life and a path which I am proud of," the Telegraph quoted Ronaldo, as writing on his Facebook page.
According to the paper, at 27 years and 248 days, Ronaldo would be one of the youngest European footballers to reach 100 caps behind Germany's Lukas Podolski and Estonia's Kristen Viikmae, and is now Portugal 's third most capped player of all time behind Luis Figo on 127 and centre back Fernando Couto on 110.
The Portuguese footballer became the most expensive footballer in history after moving from Manchester United to Real Madrid in a transfer worth 80 million pounds. (ANI)
- Ronaldo: Comparing me to Messi like equating 'Ferrari with a Porsche'
- Real Madrid's Ronaldo could become 'best-paid footballer in world'
- Messi says Brazil's Ronaldo was one of his idols
- I really miss Manchester United, says Ronaldo
- Man Utd hope to lure Ronaldo following denial of contract renewal with Real