Croatia boss says Modric will end up signing for Real Madrid
Croatia boss Igor Stimac is not impressed that star player Luka Modric hasn't played a single game since the Euro Cup due to the ongoing transfer saga, and believes the Tottenham Hotspurs star would end up with Spanish giants Real Madrid.
Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas has refused to pick Modric after he chose not to travel on the club's pre-season tour to the USA, and Wednesday's friendly match between Croatia and Switzerland would be his first game since the Euros.
For the second summer in a row, there has been speculation that is linking Modric with a move away, but chairman Daniel Levy is adamant he is staying until Spurs' 40 million pounds valuation is met.
"I don't like the situation that Modric is in at all," Express.co.uk quoted Stimac, as saying.
"He has not played any games this summer but will end up signing for Madrid before the market shuts," he added. (ANI)
- Tottenham to clinch Moutinho once Real Madrid seal £40m-bid Modric
- Modric believes fromer teammate Bale ready to play for Real Madrid
- Real Madrid turn attention to Sneijder as Modric move hits snag
- Tottenham's Modric forced to train alone as he pushes for Real Madrid move
- Luka Modric signs for Real Madrid