Di Matteo believes Hazard could be Chelsea's next Zola
Zola was a cult figure at Stamford Bridge during his days with the Blues, and Di Matteo believes there is definite likeness between him and Hazard.
"Gianfranco was a wonderful talent, an artist. Eden might just become an artist as well," The Daily Express quoted Di Matteo, as saying.
"We've talked about Eden's technical ability , his dribbling as well, but it's difficult to compare players. After just one game it is too early to tell," he added.
"It is good he has got used to the physical side of the English game so quickly because that's how it's going to be. He was certainly targeted on Sunday," he said.
Di Matteo further said: "He's a strong young man and that will help him. We spoke during pre-season about playing in the Premier League. He already has a lot of experience in the French League. He learnt how to handle himself."
"If he is more closely marked now it will free up some space for other positions. We will have to adapt to that," he concluded. (ANI)
- Mata: Chelsea can retain Champions League title
- Oscar believes Chelsea plays offensively just like Brazil
- Chelsea's Oscar says he would play anywhere boss Di Matteo wants
- Chelsea manager Di Matteo says Cole will 'surely' sign contract extension
- Chelsea star Eden Hazard never wants to be known as a 'show-off'