Di Matteo: I can't help it if people don't like Chelsea
Di Matteo said he couldn't help if people don't like Chelsea, as he can't influence other people's thinking.
Chelsea has been often criticized for owner Roman Abramovich's buy success at any cost policy and the negative tactics they employed during their Champions League win last season.
"We don't really care too much, the way the outside environment sees us. We have to focus on our strength - that's the way we operate. I cannot influence what other people's opinion is," the Daily Star quoted Di Matteo, as saying.
"We can only influence the way we play or the way we behave. We have to set good standards. I try to set good standards. But, at the end of the day, we won't be liked by our opposition's fans," he added.
"So we cannot waste too much energy worrying about what they're thinking. We have to think about ourselves, try and win games for the club," he said. (ANI)
- Di Matteo says Chelsea can't turn into Barcelona overnight
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Di Matteo convinced Chelsea can win silverware this season
- Mata believes Chelsea reached new heights under Di Matteo
- Di Matteo believes Torres will reveal his £50m worth this season