Djokovic wins third straight World Tennis Championship title
Serbian tennis star Novak Djokovic has maintained his unbeaten record in Abu Dhabi with a 7-5, 6-2 victory over Spaniard David Ferrer on Saturday to win his third straight World Tennis Championship title.
Djokovic, who finished the year with a 24-match winning streak on the ATP tour since losing the US Open final to world number one Rafael Nadal, needed just 82 minutes to dispatch Ferrer in the final of the invitational exhibition tournament and take home the 250, 000-dollar winner's cheque.
According to Sport24, Ferrer led 4-2 in the first set but then started making a number of unforced errors as Djokovic took control of the match.
Earlier, the top-ranked Nadal won a third-place playoff match against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 7-6 (7/5), 6-3, the report added. (ANI)
- Djokovic won't be relinquishing No.1 ranking to Nadal without 'fight'
- Djokovic donates entire Italian Open title prize money to help food-relief efforts in Serbia
- Mubadala World Tennis Championships: Djokovic illness hands Murray first win of season
- Djokovic seeks a fourth Dubai title
- World No. 1 Djokovic unconditionally crowns Federer 'dad No.1'