Didier Drogba Attends SWOL Fight Against Racism
Guys like Jerome Boateng, Oguchi Onyewu, Orlando Engelaar, Edson Braafheid, Patrick Ebert, Alexander Meier and Joseph Gyau all paired up with members of the Pro Footvolley Tour in an action-packed 2v2 competition as the day got underway.
Former Chelsea star Didier Drogba was also in attendance as the Ivorian rallied his support behind a cause that unfortunately became much closer to him after being racially abused this year during a match in Turkey.
Both fans and media from around the world converged on South Beach to watch some of the most talented soccer players in the world join forces with some of the most talented footvolley players in the world.
Be sure to check back with SWOL as exclusive video footage, pictures, and more is released this week. Below, we give you a look quick overview of the weekend's awesome event.
- Video: Bayern Munich's Boateng discusses Treble and Season Ahead
- QPR manager Hughes says eliminating racism from football is impossible
- England's 1st black goalkeeper James says 'racism' no longer exists in football
- Anti-racism group calls for retirement of FIFA president Blatter
- Platini believes match-fixing could end football