Egypt’s Sharm El-Sheikh may host UAE Super Cup: Report
Egypt's Red Sea Sharm El-Sheikh resort may host the United Arab Emirates Super Cup next month, Emirati newspaper emaratalyoum reported on Friday.
"An advertising company has offered to arrange the UAE Super Cup game in Egypt’s Sharm El-Sheikh," emaratalyoum said.
The Emirates' Super Cup is scheduled to be played between league champions Al-Jazeraa and cup winners Al-Ahly on 14 August.
"The UAE Football Association is in talks with the two clubs to find out if they accept that, because there is also another offer on the table to stage the game in London,”emaratalyoum added.
"The Egyptian offer is more likely to be accepted … as Al-Jazera club officials hinted at accepting the deal.”
In October last year, the UAE hosted the Egyptian Super Cup between Cairo rivals Ahly and Zamalek, who played in front of more than 25,000 fans at Al Ain's Hazza bin Zayed Stadium.
Sharm El-Sheikh is a city situated on the southern tip of the Sinai Peninsula on the coastal strip along the Red Sea. It’s one of the country’s most famous holiday resorts for European tourists.
- Egypt’s Artists Demonstrate Against Sharm El Sheikh Summit
- Egyptian Super Cup to be played in UAE for second year in a row
- Sharm el-Sheikh, symbol of Egypt\'s economic and political pride
- Palestinians Deny ‘Secret’ Security Deal at Sharm el-Sheikh Summit
- Arafat, Barak to Meet Thursday in Sharm el-Sheikh to Discuss US Plan to Forge Peace Deal