Egyptian striker Salah prefers playing regularly over money
Egyptian striker Mohammed Salah says playing on a regular basis is far more important than money, Ahram Online reported on Friday.
He scored five league goals for Basel since joining the team last summer from Egypt’s Arab Contractors.
“If I decide to depart Basel for another team, playing on a regular basis will be my priority,” Al Ahram reported him as saying.
“I don’t care for the financial offer or the salary — money will not be beneficial if I am kept warming the bench.”
Basel will play against European champions Chelsea in the European League semifinals, with the first-leg match in Switzerland.
The first-leg matches are scheduled on 25 April, and return games are on May 2.
- Villas-Boas believes Bale 'most effective' as a striker
- Mourinho: Torres will return against Basel
- Defoe ruled out of Tottenham's next three games due to injury
- Mourinho confident of Chelsea advancing into Champions League's round of 16
- Torres: There was a moment when I didn't care if Chelsea won or lost last season