Fabregas says down-to-earth players key to Spain's Euro 2012 triumph
Spain's influential midfielder Cesc Fabregas has said the record-breaking Euro Cup winning team is more than just a team, and is actually a group of normal human beings, who share a special bond with each other.
Spain became the first team ever to win three major international tournaments on the trot after hammering Italy 4-0 in the final of the Euro 2012, and Fabregas said the system in their team promotes thinking individuals rather than just robots.
"This group is more than just a team. We are friends. We like to play cards, to be together. It is something else.
"It is not a football team - it is more than that. It's difficult to say how we retain the hunger. We are just so normal, we are normal people. We hang out, we play table tennis," The Sun quoted Fabregas, as saying.
"We go to the cinema together, all the families are together when they come in tournaments. It's a really, really nice atmosphere. It looks like some people are going, but the new generation are exactly the same as us," he added.
"They are humble, they really want to work hard, they believe in our project and we are very proud of ourselves," he said. (ANI)
- Fabregas: Spain-Portugal Euro 2012 quarter final clash similar to 'El Clasico'
- Spain eyeing football's Olympic gold to stamp authority
- Barcelona's Fabregas admits frustration over lack of playing time
- Spain's Fernando Torres wins Euro 2012 Golden Boot award
- AC Milan's Flamini believes Barcelona getting the best out of Fabregas