Ferguson tells Man Utd players to turn Old Trafford into 'fortress' in CL
United begin their Champions League campaign against Galatasaray on Wednesday having won just one home game in two European competitions last season.
Ferguson insists they let teams off the hook too often, which proved costly in the league as well, and the most notable slip-ups were when they drew home games against FC Basel and Everton after leading 2-0 and 4-2 respectively
"I think that, without doubt, has to be a driving force this year. If you think back to leading Everton 4-2 and then drawing 4-4, we can't have that happening again," the Sun quoted Ferguson, as saying.
"So goal difference is going to be important - it will be a priority this season. Particularly in the attacking part of the team we are very strong and hopefully that makes a difference to us," he added. (ANI)
- Man Utd refuse to rush into offering Rooney new mega contract
- Ferguson says fringe players have crucial role to play in Man Utd
- Ronaldo: Scoring against Man Utd at Old Trafford would be spectacular!
- Ferguson believes Moyes right man to replace him at Man Utd
- Ferguson initiates 'revolutionary' change in Man Utd's tactics