FIFA to Ban Smoking in Confederations and World Cups Venues in Brazil
The ban was announced by FIFA Secretary-General Jerome Valcke during an inspection visit to Brazil.
“ We acknowledge that the use of tobacco can harm people in the stadium,” he said, adding that “It will not be permitted to smoke inside the stadiums at the Confederations Cup or at the World Cup." The FIFA Chief pointed out that smokers will have specially-designated areas where they can go during the breaks.
Any type of advertising or tobacco-promoting material will be prohibited in the stadiums, FIFA said on its Web site WHQ.
- FIFA to use 'goal-line technology' in 2014 Brazil World Cup
- FIFA warns Brazil ahead of 2014 WC
- FIFA concerned over 2014 World Cup preparations
- FIFA could choose German goal-line technology firm for 2014 World Cup
- FIFA 'confident' over security for Brazil 2014 WC despite violence during Copa Sudamericana final