FIFA candidate Prince Ali seeks postponement of election
Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein
Prince Ali has gone to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) to seek a postponement of Friday's ballot in a dispute of voting procedures, his lawyers said Tuesday.
It follows a decision by FIFA to reject Prince Ali's request for transparent voting booths in the election.
The lawyers said in a statement the decision will deny "any right to a fair and transparent voting process."
Prince Ali is one of five candidates standing to succeed banned president Joseph Blatter.
- Presidential candidate Prince Ali attacks Fifa’s ‘culture of intimidation’
- Prince Ali seeks Kenya's support in quest for FIFA presidency
- Prince Ali says FIFA election should go ahead as scheduled
- Shaikh Salman responds to Prince Ali’s complaint on voting
- UEFA President backs Jordanian Prince in FIFA election