Report: Qatar faces no threat in right to host 2022 World Cup
FIFA sources say Qatar faces no threat in right to host 2022 World Cup
Click here to add Asian Football Confederation as an alert
Disable alert for Asian Football Confederation,
Click here to add BBC as an alert
Disable alert for BBC,
Click here to add FIFA as an alert
Disable alert for FIFA,
Click here to add Salman bin Ibrahim al-Khalifa as an alert
Disable alert for Salman bin Ibrahim al-Khalifa
According to the BBC, the Gulf state faces allegations about its treatment of migrant workers, while there are also fears that searing summer temperatures in Qatar of more than 40C could risk the health of players and supporters.
However, it appears FIFA will stick by Qatar, which saw off competition from Australia, Japan, South Korea and the United States to host the event, the report said.
FIFA is expected to announce plans to monitor the issue of migrant workers on Friday following revelations last month, the report added.
At the same time, it also intends to form a taskforce, likely to be led by Asian Football Confederation president Sheikh Salman bin Ibrahim al-Khalifa, to examine alternative dates for the tournament, the report further said. (ANI)
- What will the effect of losing the World Cup be on Qatar? 'Very small' says study
- Qatar 2022 World Cup organisers focused as critics continue to aim blows
- Qatar denies using 'money power' to buy rights to host 2022 World Cup
- France Football claims Qatar 'bought' Right to Host 2022 World Cup
- FIFA faces further Qatar re-vote calls