FIFA to decide Qatar 2022 World Cup dates in 2014
Sepp Blatter, the president of football's world governing body, announced in October that a taskforce would look at alternative dates.
According to the BBC, the decision had been made due to concerns over the extreme heat in the Gulf state during the summer months, when temperatures can reach 50C.
Qatari organisers said that they could host the tournament at any time of year.
The Qatar 2022 Supreme Committee however added that it would listen to the will of the international football community if a decision over a new date is made, the report said.
According to the report, FIFA, following pressure from the International Olympic Committee, has already stated that the tournament will not be played in January and February 2022 to avoid a clash with the Winter Olympics.
The governing body wants Qatar to provide an update on their progress over the issue by March 2014.(ANI)
- Blatter promises 2022 World Cup will not clash with Winter Olympics
- FIFA dismiss 'belief' 2022 Qatar World Cup will be held in winter
- 2022 FIFA World Cup organisers agree to move tournament to winter
- Report: Qatar faces no threat in right to host 2022 World Cup
- FIFA sets deadline for Qatar World Cup organisers to improve migrant workers' conditions