Gerrard considers teammate Suarez world's best player
In 12 appearances this season, the Uruguay striker has scored 19 goals to fire Liverpool to the top of the Premier League and his prolific streak has earned him a new long-term contract at the club where he has overcome widespread misgivings after several controversial incidents.
According to Sport24, hailing the striker, Gerrard said that on current form, Suarez is the best player in the world given the Barcelona and Real Madrid stars Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are battling with injuries of late, adding that Suarez has proved his worth with his minutes-to-goals ratio.
The report mentioned that Suarez has this season become the first Liverpool player to score at least twice in five consecutive home matches and is on course to surpass the Premier League record of 34 goals shared by former England strikers Andy Cole and Alan Shearer.
- Liverpool veteran Carragher considers teammate Suarez Premier League's best player
- Video: Tribute to Liverpool's top scorer Sturridge
- Liverpool's Luis Suarez World’s Deadliest Star - Not Ronaldo or Messi
- Report: Liverpool striker Suarez currently worth at least £79m
- Gerrard urges Suarez to stay at Liverpool