Hodgson to unleash Carroll against Sweden
The pony-tailed striker will spearhead Roy Hodgson's formation as the team look to secure a crucial Group D victory after their 1-1 draw against France on Tuesday.
The £35 million forward was overlooked in favour of Danny Welbeck in the first game of the tournament but his performance in training has propelled him into the spotlight and is expected to play alongside the Manchester United striker.
England captain Steven Gerrard and Scott Parker have beaten bouts of exhaustion and will resume their roles in central midfield while Glen Johnson will play despite being on antibiotics for a toe infection.
Wayne Rooney, meanwhile, will watch from the sidelines for the final time as he serves the last match of his two-game suspension.
- Hodgson: Rooney will be England's 'ace in the hole' during Euros
- Hodgson believes Rooney can lead England's football team
- Hodgson can't wait for Rooney's return to England national team
- Welbeck: England's 'team-spirit' reason for win against Sweden in Euros
- Hodgson confident Rooney won't lose temper against Montenegro