Video: Ibrahimovic scores 'best football goal' ever in England's 4-2 demolition
The former Barcelona and AC Milan striker, who now plays for Paris Saint-Germain in France, blew his own four goal performance out of the water with the most absurd and miraculous long-range bicycle kick ever seen.
With the ball going towards the edge of the box, England goalkeeper Joe Hart attempted to clear the ball to safety but his header went skywards and fell to Ibrahimovic who scored one of the finest goals seen.
Sweden trounced England 4-2 during the opening of their new national stadium in Stockholm with Ibrahimovic stealing all the headlines after the match.
"I am declaring that Ibrahimovic 4th goal the greatest in football history. Nobody else would have even tried that, let alone scored," News.com.au quoted TV host, Piers Morgan, as saying.
While English captain Steven Gerrard, who earned his 100th cap for the Three Lions, could barely believe what he just saw.
"His performance was world class. He scored one of the best goals I've ever seen," Gerrard said.
- PSG's Ibrahimovic could be sold to Man City following spat with Blanc
- UEFA's Collina says Ukraine goal against England was correct
- Qatar 2022 announce Cameroon legend Roger Milla as Bid Ambassador
- The business of football: Soccerex Asian Forum 2015 wraps up in Jordan
- Uruguay coach Tabarez: Barcelona are the best I have ever seen