Iniesta: Barcelona still shocked by 7-0 aggregate loss to Bayern
Andres Iniesta says Barcelona are still reeling from their 7-0 aggregate loss to Bayern Munch in the Champions League semi-finals.
The Catalans were dealt a 4-0 hammering at the Allianz Arena in the first leg before suffering a 3-0 defeat on home soil a week later but the Spain international told his team-mates to put the result behind them and win the Liga title.
"The feeling after the Champions League tie [against Bayern] was terrible, both home and away," the 28-year-old told reporters.
"Of course it hurts, it hurts deep in our soul - for both the players and the fans. The next day you don't see things the same way as straight after the game, you have to look at it with perspective.
"You cannot throw it all away when this team can be champions this week. You recognise when things go wrong but we will train to fight again next year. Defeat in the Champions League has been very painful for us."
Barcelona currently sit 11 points ahead of second-placed Real Madrid in the table and can confirm their Primera Division crown with a win against Atletico in the Spanish capital on Sunday.
- Champions League draw: Bayern Munich take on Man Utd, Real Madrid face Dortmund
- Champions League semi-final 1st leg: Real Madrid 1-0 Bayern Munich
- Champions League semi-final 2nd leg: Bayern Munich 0-4 Real Madrid (Agg 0-5)
- No Barcelona revolution needed, says Fabregas
- Champions League quarter-finals 2nd leg: Bayern Munich 3-1 Man Utd (Agg 4-2)