John Terry requests personal hearing to clear name over racial abuse

John Terry requests personal hearing to clear name over racial abuse
2.5 5

Published August 4th, 2012 - 23:45 GMT via SyndiGate.info

Rate Article:

 
PRINT Send Mail
comment (0)
Terry requests personal hearing in bid to fight Anton Ferdinand racism charge
Terry requests personal hearing in bid to fight Anton Ferdinand racism charge
More >
Anton Ferdinand
,
Chelsea skipper John Terry
,
John Terry

Chelsea skipper John Terry has requested a personal hearing, denying a Football Association charge of racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand.

Terry was last month found not guilty of a racially-aggravated public order offence in relation to the same incident at Westminster Magistrates' Court, but faces sanctions from the FA after being charged last week.

A statement on the FA's website said: "John Terry has today denied an FA charge of using abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour, which included a reference to ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race, towards Queens Park Rangers' Anton Ferdinand.

"The Chelsea player has requested a personal hearing, the date of which will be set in due course. During this period John Terry remains available to play for England."

The announcement was always expected after Terry responded to last week's charge almost instantly, the Daily Mail reports.

The 31-year-old said in a statement released last Friday evening: "I deny the charge and I will be requesting the opportunity to attend the commission for a personal hearing." (ANI)

Advertisement

Copyright © 2012 aninews.in All rights reserved.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.