Kompany says Man City is ready for 'lethal Group of Death' in CL
Vincent Kompany has expressed confidence over Manchester City players proving themselves despite the club's Champions League group, which is also touted as the 'group of death', being rated more lethal than last year.
City will start against Real Madrid , then face German champions Borussia Dortmund and Holland's top team Ajax in the Champions League.
"Games like this are why you are in the Champions League. I thought it couldn't get more difficult than last year but there you go," The Sun quoted Kompany, as saying.
"It's perfect for us. There won't be any moments where we will be surprised. The motivation will be sky-high, the atmosphere great. I couldn't think of a better way to play the Champions League," he added.
Last year City had Bayern Munich, Napoli and Villarreal and just failed to qualify, despite a 10-point haul.
The Etihad players edged a memorable title race on goal difference last season and Kompany expects it to be just as tight this time.
He said: "I think this season will be a lot more competitive than last year. I don't think any sides around us are weaker. They have all strengthened, so getting victories at this stage of the season is the most important thing." (ANI)
- Kompany urges Man City players to give their all against Real Madrid
- Kompany wants Man City to start playing like 'champions'
- Man City's Toure confident CL loss to Madrid won't wreck European hopes
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Man City frustrated by Balotelli's behavior