Lescott says Man City's star players getting used to life on bench
Lescott said he was hurt after not playing against Real Madrid at Santiago Bernabeu last week during their Champions League opening game defeat, but maintained he respects boss Roberto Mancini 's decision.
"Obviously you want to play in every game, so it hurts. But the manager picks the team he believes can win that particular game," the Daily Star quoted Lescott, as saying.
"It just means when you get in the side you have to show a level of consistency. I wanted to play but you have to respect the manager's decision," he added.
"It's happened before during my career and I'm ready for the fight. But we're all together and we have the same goal which is to win trophies," he said. (ANI)
- Mancini slams Man City players for 'moaning over tactical changes'
- Manchester City 'do not fear' Real Madrid
- Hodgson confident Rooney won't lose temper against Montenegro
- Mancini hoping Man Utd succumbs to fatigue in PL title race
- Mancini challenges Man City players to prove strength after shocking defeat