Lewandowski could move to Premier League
Borussia Dortmund player Robert Lewandowski has insisted that it is by no means certain that he will leave his club for German rival Bayern Munich at the end of the season, although he will be able to sign a contract with any club in January, including one in the Premier League.
According to Sport24, Lewandowski expressed that he had an opportunity to speak with Sir Alex Ferguson, who retired as Manchester United at the end of last season, but they did not mention the transfer.
He added that one day he would like to play in the Premier League and it would be a great experience.
However, he also said that he had once turned down the chance to play in England with then top flight side Blackburn Rovers when then manager Sam Allardyce tried to sign him three years ago from Lech Poznan for 4.8 million dollars.
Lewandowski clarified that in the end he decided that Dortmund would give him a better chance of development. (ANI)
- Bayern Munich ahead of Man Utd, Chelsea in race for Lewandowski
- Official: Lewandowski to join Bayern at end of season
- Man Utd set to sign Dortmund's Lewandowski for £18m
- Man Utd's Lewandowski hopes shattered following Dortmund's refusal to sell
- Man Utd target Lewandowski wants to join Bayern Munich in 2014