Man City set to replace Pellegrini with Guardiola
The 2013-14 Premier League champions had earlier been working to put together an agreement for Guardiola to take over at the Etihad Stadium in the summer of 2016, when his contract with Bayern ends, the Mirror reported.
One of the things that have really made the City confident is the Spaniard's growing discontent at Munich as well his inhibition to sign a new contract with the German giants.
Manchester City is however prepared to pay 'any amount' to make him their manager and will also to hand him a huge budget to rebuild the team.
However, City has to decide whether to allow Pellegrini to run down the final year of his contract. The Chilean would remain in charge for the next season if Guardiola decides to stay at Bayern.
- Man City manager Pellegrini unaware of Guardiola rumors
- Man City want Ancelotti to replace Pellegrini next season
- Benitez to replace Pellegrini if Man City's Abu Dhabi owners decide to sack Chilean
- Guardiola signs for German giants Bayern Munich
- Report: US team in charge of Iraq rebuilding to be replaced