Man City's Maicon warns teamsmates from further slip-ups
New boy Maicon warns further slip-ups could cost Man City PL crown
Maicon only joined City from Inter Milan on the last day of the transfer window, but has already seen his team lose to Real Madrid in the Champions League and Aston Villa in the Capital One Cup, while league games at Stoke and at home to Arsenal, have ended in draws.
City are yet to keep a clean sheet in any competition and Maicon revealed on Wednesday that coach Roberto Mancini has already introduced specific training sessions to try and put that right.
"I know that Roberto is very focused on this. He wants to improve and we have to improve quickly because we can't afford to have any more distance between us and the teams at the top of the league," the Daily Mail quoted Maicon, as saying.
"The manager doesn't like conceding goals and he's very passionate about that and he's already working on that. We will do even more work and our focus is on improving that and improving the team's results as soon as possible," he added. (ANI)
- Maicon says Mancini losing cool similar to Ferguson's 'hairdryer' treatment
- Mancini warns players to improve form ahead of City's summer clear-out
- Mancini accuses Mourinho of trying to sell himself around Europe
- Mancini to quit Man City over lack of summer signings?
- Mancini says Man City job 'safe' despite CL elimination