Man City boss Mancini challenges Aguero to 'wrestle' PL title from rivals United
Backing the striker after seeing him score twice in a 4-0 FA Cup win over Leeds, Mancini said that he hoped that Aguero retained his form till the end of the season, as only if that didn't happen, could United be assured of victory, the Daily Mail reports.
However, Mancini supported United, saying that the club deserved to be at their current position because of their better form, although he added that City's win against Leeds can positively influence their game for the rest of the season.
The City boss added that it is possible that City could be 15 points behind by the time they face Chelsea next Sunday, but said that the team should be confident about themselves.
With Malaga's former Real Madrid coach Manuel Pellegrini the latest to be linked with his job at the Etihad Stadium, an unlikely second successive title should be enough to save Mancini from the growing threat of being sacked, the paper added. (ANI)
- Mancini sure Man City will clinch PL title next season after win over United
- Mancini takes credit for Man City's performance this season
- Mancini claims PL title race still alive despite Man Utd's seven-point lead
- Balotelli urges Man City to stick with Mancini
- Tevez says City strikers fired up by Mancini's 'RVP could be title-decider' comment