Man City boss Mancini still hoping for PL title after win against Chelsea
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has said he believes that his club can still win the Premier League title although he admitted that if they had been defeated by Chelsea, the gap with rivals Manchester United may have increased.
According to Mancini, it is important for City, who is 12 points behind the reigning United, to go ahead with their game like they did with Chelsea and not worry about the schedule at this point of time, the Guardian reports.
Encouraging City's players to focus on improving their game, the Italian, who is encouraged by their win against Chelsea, said that he is exhorting the players not to believe that they are out of the running as they still have 11 more games to play.
Even though Chelsea had dropped seven points behind City after its loss, its manager Rafael Benitez claimed that they can still finish second in the title run, adding that they will continue to fight strongly against the other contenders until the end. (ANI)
- Mancini believes Man city lagging behind big European clubs
- Man City boss Mancini challenges Aguero to 'wrestle' PL title from rivals United
- Benitez warns Manchester clubs of Chelsea's Premier League title charge
- Mancini sure Man City will clinch PL title next season after win over United
- Man City manager Mancini believes PL title race not over yet