Man Utd set to offer £30m for David Luiz
Manchester United is reportedly plotting a 30 million-pound move for Chelsea player David Luiz, who is also a target for Barcelona and has been left out of Jose Mourinho's side early this season following a pre-season hamstring problem.
According to the Mirror, new United boss David Moyes would love to see the Brazilian star at the Old Trafford club even though he feels that Luiz may not be a Mourinho-style player because he takes risks at the back.
The report further said that the Scot has made this move keeping in mind that first-choice pair Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand may fall victim to injuries and will struggle to handle their busy fixture list of domestic and European matches.
According to the report, Moyes is hoping to use Luiz's uncertainty over the fact as to whether Mourinho will use him regularly, and is planning to swoop in on the player before the transfer window shuts at 11pm on Monday night.
The Premier League champions are plotting to get Luiz without losing troubled striker Wayne Rooney, although Chelsea remains equally determined to get Rooney, the report added. (ANI)
- Mourinho says Barcelona target David Luiz will remain at Chelsea
- Chelsea only want Rooney, says Mourinho
- Barcelona want to replace departing Puyol with Chelsea's David Luiz
- Mourinho expecting David Luiz to stay at Chelsea despite Barcelona's interest
- Chelsea to shell out £80m for Man Utd striker Rooney?