Man Utd's Ferdinand willing to shake hands with Terry during Chelsea PL clash
Ferdinand ready to shake hands with Terry during Chelsea clash in bid to end race row
Click here to add Anton Ferdinand as an alert
Disable alert for Anton Ferdinand,
Click here to add Ashley Cole as an alert
Disable alert for Ashley Cole,
Click here to add Football Association as an alert
Disable alert for Football Association,
Click here to add John Terry as an alert
Disable alert for John Terry,
Click here to add London as an alert
Disable alert for London,
Click here to add Premier League as an alert
Disable alert for Premier League,
Click here to add Professional Football Association as an alert
Disable alert for Professional Football Asso ...
Manchester United defender Anton Ferdinand is ready to offer Chelsea duo of John Terry and Ashley Cole his hand during their Premier League clash on Sunday in an effort to smash the race war threatening to swallow up English football
Ferdinand and his brother Anton issued a statement on Wednesday, calling on the Football Association (FA) and Professional Football Association (FA) to heal the deep divisions exposed in English football on race issues.
Rio has been on bad terms with Terry since the Chelsea defender's racial attack on Ferdinand's brother Anton in a game against QPR last October.
Ferdinand fell out with Cole after he testified in the ensuing court case in Terry's defence.
"It has been a year since the incident at Loftus Road. During that time, some of the deep divisions that exist in football have been exposed," the Daily Mirror quoted the joint statement by the Ferdinand brothers, as saying.
"Although we have been left disappointed by the PFA and the FA's actions over the last year, as a family, we are committed to working with football's existing organisations towards the betterment of the game and to achieve immediate action," the statement added.
Both brothers had been involved in talks over a breakaway players' union, and Anton attended a minuted meeting at the PFA's London offices on September 13.
"In the coming months there will be ongoing discussions, we are sure, on finding a way forward," the statement added.
"We intend to participate in these discussions, along with numerous other current and ex professionals of all races, from the grass roots upwards, across the football community as a whole," it said.
The statement further said: "On the issue of Kick it Out, we would like to go on record to say what fantastic work they have done in the past regarding education and awareness." (ANI)
- Anton Ferdinand responds angrily after racism row trial verdict
- Ferdinand could return to England after Terry's international retirement
- John Terry requests personal hearing to clear name over racial abuse
- Terry's belated apology in ferdinand row angers anti-racism campaigners
- Chelsea manager Di Matteo warns players to respect regulations or face action