Man Utd has most expensive Premier League squad
Manchester United has reportedly been revealed to have the most expensive squad in the Premier League, although their performances over the last year or so makes it hard to believe.
While Chelsea and Manchester City have an almost limitless spending power, United has been revealed as the club that top the table for the most lucrative pick of players in the division.
Louis van Gaal 's plans to revive United back from their disastrous last season has seen the club's summer spending spiral to 105 million pounds this summer, which gives them an overall squad value of 401.2 million pounds, which is a whopping 57 million pounds more than defending champions City, Metro.co.uk reported.
Previous signings from the Sir Alex Ferguson era such as Wilfried Zaha (15 million pounds), Ashley Young (17 million pounds), Anderson (27 million pounds) and Phil Jones (16.5 million pounds) also contributed to United's hefty tally.
City's overall squad value was recorded as 344.15 million pounds, while Chelsea closely followed with 341.8 million pounds and Liverpool, whose summer spending spree currently stands at 116 million pounds, ranked third with 245.8 million pounds.
Arsenal is the lowest ranked of the Premier League's elite with a squad value of 209.5 million pounds, the report added.
- Man Utd, Arsenal have better 'cost-per-trophy' ratio than Chelsea, Man City in PL
- Chelsea tops Premier League's agent payments in 'record' 96-mln-pound overall spending
- Van Gaal gets 'minimum 3rd place' Premier League finish ultimatum from Man Utd
- Premier League clubs spent £500m over summer transfers
- Man City becomes first PL club to spend £200m on wages