Man Utd's sensational capture of Van Persie amounts to massive £70m
United have already paid Arsenal 24 million pounds for the Dutch striker, while Van Persie's basic wages of 200,000 pounds-a week at Old Trafford over four years will be worth 36 million pounds, the Daily Mirror reports.
Van Persie will also be paid 10 million pounds as loyalty money, spread over the length of his stay, the report said.
However, the figures do not take into account any bonuses that the 29-year-old will earn if United enjoy success in any of the three domestic competitions, the Premier League , the FA Cup or the Capital One Cup or the Champions League in Europe.
Arsenal fans are reportedly furious at the sale of Van Persie, especially to one of the club's major rivals.
But a senior source at the Emirates said that United offered the asking price, nothing else was considered.
"It did not come into the equation that it was Manchester United. They offered the asking price," a senior source at the Emirates said. (ANI)
- Arsenal set to hold 'serious talks' with Man U over Van Persie
- Van Persie demands Rooney's £220,000-a-week wages to join Man Utd
- Ferguson says Arsenal kept him in the dark over Van Persie's situation
- Van Persie demands £10m to join any club
- Mancini admits 'Man City's failure to sign van Persie may cost PL title'