Mancini claims Balotelli not leaving Man City
Mancini insists 'bad boy' Balotelli not leaving Man City
Balotelli's future has been the subject of much speculation due to his fringe role this season as well as a training ground bust-up with Mancini last week, the Telegraph reports.
Mancini, who has repeatedly backed Balotelli throughout a long line of controversies, immediately played down the confrontation in last Friday's press conference and insisted he was prepared to give his fellow Italian another 100 chances at the club.
That has not stopped reports from suggesting AC Milan are willing to give Balotelli a way out of Eastlands in the January transfer window but Mancini was indignant when asked about the latest transfer speculation, saying he was happy with the madcap forward.
Balotelli had missed four games with a virus prior to his return as a substitute against Watford in the FA Cup last week.
Balotelli made a surprise appearance for City's U21s on Monday and scored two goals in a friendly against Blackburn, while the 22 year-old has also dyed his hair blond this week. (ANI)
- Man City turn down PSG's £40m offer for Balotelli as Mancini threatens to quit
- Mancini dumped Balotelli due to poor attitude in training
- Man City manager Mancini advised to get rid of Balotelli or risk losing job
- Mancini plays down training ground bust-up with Balotelli
- Mancini claims owners happy with Man City's progress