Mancini confident Tevez will fill up for 'missed target' Van Persie
Mancini, who admitted his defeat in his summer-long pursuit of Arsenal captain Van Persie at the Old Trafford , however, exuded confidence in Tevez.
"I am happy with Carlos, he's worked really well since we started training. His attitude is excellent, now he must continue like this," The Sun quoted Mancini, as saying.
"It was hard for him last season because he had six months out, so when he came back he was a long way behind. But he played a part. He scored four or five goals at the end of the season and those were important," he added.
Tevez, 28, is under contract until the summer of 2014 and the chances are he will now stay at the Etihad until at least then.
"What happened last year with Carlos is forgotten, in the past. Now he has got a full pre-season and can be important for us," Mancini declared. (ANI)
- Tevez says City strikers fired up by Mancini's 'RVP could be title-decider' comment
- Man City planning £40m move for Liverpool's Suarez
- Mancini says Tevez staying with Man City
- Mancini 'hopes' for Tevez to be 'arrested every day' after FA semis hat-trick
- Man City boss Mancini admits defeat in pursuit of Arsenal's Van Persie