Mancini tells Man City players to forget EPL triumph and start from scratch
Mancini warns champions tag no guarantee of future Premier League success
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has warned his players to forget about their historic Premier League triumph last season, and to start again from scratch to win it again in the 2012-13 season.
Mancini said the winners tag is no guarantee for future success in the Premier League, as City won their first title in 44 years on goal difference.
"We cannot rest or start thinking that because we won, we are the best. It is more difficult to win the title when you are defending champions," The Sun quoted Mancini, as saying.
"We start again as if from nothing. We must forget we won the title. Every team will want to beat us and we must work harder than ever. I think there are four or five teams that can challenge us for the title," he added. (ANI)
- Mancini claims PL title race still alive despite Man Utd's seven-point lead
- Man City boss Mancini tells club owners he will win Champions League next season
- Mancini sure Man City will clinch PL title next season after win over United
- Balotelli urges Man City to stick with Mancini
- Mancini accuses Mourinho of trying to sell himself around Europe