Mancini challenges Man City players to prove strength after shocking defeat
Mancini's angry reaction had been prompted by the 3-1 defeat of City at the hands of Southampton, risking their hopes of retaining the Premier League, the Telegraph reports.
Furious at his players, Mancini said that he did not expect to see his players lose against Southampton and added that in such a case, players should be at their homes, instead of playing on the pitch.
Mancini also said that even if City does not play well, it does it best, which was not the case in the match against Southampton.
Urging the players to own up to their responsibility, Mancini said that if the players cannot accept their mistakes, then they are not capable of playing in a top team like City.
However, the City boss said that two players of his team, whom he did not name, had produced a satisfactory performance in what was City's heaviest Premier League defeat for almost two years.
In a reference to last year's summer transfer window, Mancini hinted that City had not probably chosen the right players for the team. (ANI)
- Mancini expects new players soon at Man City
- Balotelli urges Man City to stick with Mancini
- Man City boss Mancini fears 'lack of killer instinct' among players may cost PL title
- Mancini slams Man City players for 'moaning over tactical changes'
- Mancini suffered 'first night' nerves during 3-2 win over Southampton