Mancini: Man City need to win remaining 10 games to stand any chance of retaining PL title
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has said that his side may have to win the remaining 10 matches so that they can retain their Premier League (PL) title, following City's 1-0 win against Aston Villa on Monday.
Although the Villa win reduced the gap between City and the leaders Manchester United to 12 points, Mancini said that City will not give up on their crown without a fight for which they have to win the remaining 10 matches, the Telegraph reports.
Stating that it will be a tough fight as they need to score 30 points in all the remaining games, Mancini said that although it is difficult to win every game, they can still manage to hold on to the PL title like they did last season.
However, Mancini admitted that City will have to wait and watch as anything can happen in football until the last moment.
Mancini's relief at City keeping their slim title hopes alive was, however tempered by another injury setback to midfielder Jack Rodwell, who suffered a recurrence of his hamstring injury midway through the opening period and may be sidelined for three to four weeks, the report added. (ANI)
- Mancini says Man City has only 10% chance of retaining PL title
- Man City manager Mancini believes PL title race not over yet
- Evra believes Stoke City win crucial for Man Utd's PL title chances
- Man City boss Mancini fears 'lack of killer instinct' among players may cost PL title
- Mancini claims Man Utd's outstanding season down to good fortune