Mancini warns players to improve form ahead of City's summer clear-out
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has warned his players to improve their form in the remaining 11 Premier League (PL) games or risk losing their careers, after reports revealed that the club is planning a mass summer clear-out.
City is preparing a clear-out of players like Carlos Tevez, Samir Nasri, Edin Dzeko, Joleon Lescott, Aleksandar Kolarov, Scott Sinclair and Maicon, with the remaining members of the squad also coming under scrutiny, the Mirror reports.
Mancini, whose own career at City is also in doubt, said that the remaining Premier League games are very important for the club so that City can stage a miraculous overhaul of runaway leaders Manchester United in the PL race.
Stating that there are big decisions to make before the end of the season, Mancini said that it is yet to be decided which players will leave City and whom will they buy at the end of the season.
Attempting to clarify his public criticism of players like Nasri and Joe Hart, which has sparked an outrage in City's dressing room, Mancini had insisted that his remarks were designed to spark a response after United turned the title race into a procession. (ANI)
- Tevez to leave Man City in major 'summer clear-out'
- Mancini expects new players soon at Man City
- Balotelli urges Man City to stick with Mancini
- Tevez says City strikers fired up by Mancini's 'RVP could be title-decider' comment
- Mancini: Man City need to win remaining 10 games to stand any chance of retaining PL title