Man City planning record £250m swoop for Barcelona star Messi
Man City planning record 250 mln-pound swoop to bag Barca star Messi
City are reportedly said to be plotting a world-record move to bring the Argentine to English football as he is considering a new challenge at the end of his contract this season at Barcelona.
According to Metro.co.uk, the 250 million-pound deal would comfortable make Messi, who is enduring a frustrating season with Barcelona, the most expensive footballer of all time.
However, it is yet unclear if Barca would reportedly consider selling their prize asset despite dragging negotiations over a contract extension for Messi to stay at the Nou Camp.
Messi would be reportedly handed a giant salary if he moves to the Etihad Stadium, which is speculated to be more than the 3,00,000 pounds-a-week, which Wayne Rooney currently takes home at Manchester United.
Despite Barca's uncertainty over selling Messi, given a forthcoming transfer ban that would not allow them to buy a replacement, City are confident that Argentine international wants out of the club, the report added. (ANI)
- Chelsea to again try and lure Messi to Stamford Bridge from Barca next summer
- Messi would welcome Suarez at Barcelona despite World Cup bite shame
- Zabaleta wants Messi to join him at Man City
- Messi almost ended up in Chelsea with Adidas help!
- Messi 'happy' at Barcelona despite rumors of mega-money Man City move