Messi would welcome Suarez at Barcelona despite World Cup bite shame
Barcelona ace Lionel Messi would reportedly welcome Liverpool striker Luis Suarez into the La Liga club squad after the Argentina star threw his considerable support behind a move for the banned Uruguay forward.
Barca is reportedly pressing ahead with their bid to land Suarez despite the four-month ban from all football-related activities put on him by FIFA for biting Italy's Giorgio Chiellini during their World Cup group stage clash.
According to the Mirror, Messi is fully supportive of the move despite hoping that his international teammate, Manchester City's Sergio Aguero, would be the big name signing joining him at the Nou Camp.
Speculations are that Barca's sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta has spoken with Messi about a move for Suarez before he left for Brazil and sources close to the Catalan giants have confirmed that he is right behind it.
Barca will offer Suarez a five-year deal that would contain behavioural clauses, with future indiscipline resulting in pay sanctions, the report added. (ANI)
- 'Biting' again could cost Suarez £3m from Barcelona pay
- Suarez appeals to CAS against four-month FIFA footballing ban
- Barcelona praise Suarez's humility
- Suarez makes first appearance since biting ban in Uruguay's 1-1 draw against Saudi Arabia
- Uruguay president: Suarez needs a psychiatrist, not Fifa sanctions