Barcelona president claims Messi not involved in tax infractions
Messi along with his father Jorge have allegedly filed fraudulent tax returns in Spain from 2006 to 2009, the Sun reports.
However, Rosell backed the World Player of the Year, saying that the club will support the Messi family as he does not believe that they are involved in any infraction of such sorts.
According to the report, Messi's lawyer had issued a statement that guaranteed that Messi who earns 17 million pounds after tax deductions from Barcelona has been regular at attending to his fiscal duties.
Meanwhile, Barcelona's president during 20006-2009 Joan Laporta said that they did not have a lawyer or a tax expert at the time and so had been wary about the whole incident. (ANI)
- Messi rejects record-breaking £24m-a-year offer to leave Barcelona
- Messi reason behind Martino's arrival at Barcelona
- Barcelona's Messi hints at possible future return to Argentina
- Messi still faces prosecution over alleged tax fraud despite $13m tax payment
- Messi almost ended up in Chelsea with Adidas help!