Mohammed bin Rashid hails achievements of UAE team at 2016 Rio Paralympic Games
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, has commended the sports achievements of the UAE National Paralympic team at the 2016 Rio Paralympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The team won seven gold, silver and bronze medals.
While meeting the members of the team at Zabeel Palace on Tuesday afternoon, Sheikh Mohammed said, "The will conquers the impossible and no success is without resolve and determination." He congratulated the champions on their efforts and also praised the UAE Disabled Sports Federation, coaches, managers and all those who contributed to the training and preparation of the team that honoured the UAE at the 2016 Paralympic Games in Brazil.
The team put the UAE on the list of world countries in this difficult sports. He added that this feat reflects the high sportsman spirit among the members of the team with various disabilities among both sexes, Sheikh Mohammed said.
The vice president announced financial rewards to the team to motivate and encourage them to score more victories in future at regional and international competitions.
"The UAE leadership, government and people believe in consolidation of the culture of willpower, determination and in making the impossible possible," he added.
The reception was attended by H.H. Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai, Najla bint Mohammed Al Awar, Minister of Community Development, Mohammed Fadel Al Hameli, chairman of the UAE Disabled Sports Federation, other ministers, and senior officials.
- ENOC announces its support to Dubai Club for the Disabled’s IPC 2014 Powerlifting World Championship
- New categories added to Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Creative Sports Award
- 49 countries to compete in 8th Fazza IPC Athletics Championship - Dubai Grand Prix 2016
- Rio Olympics: Aim for medals, Shaikh Ahmad tells UAE athletes
- Dubai Customs Officials and members of Dubai Club for the Disabled enjoy open sporting day