Mourinho craves for attention, says Benitez
Rafa Benitez has accused Jose Mourinho of loving the limelight after the Chelsea boss took a swipe at the Spaniard for winning the Europa League last season and not the Champions League.
The Napoli coach took temporary charge at Stamford Bridge in November 2012 after the sacking of Roberto Di Matteo and guided the Blues to Europa League glory and Champions League qualification.
However, Mourinho has insisted during Chelsea's pre-season that he does not want to win the secondary continental tournament, to which his former Premier League adversary has responded with a hint of venom.
"There are many coaches who talk too much to be in the limelight," Benitez told reporters.
The duo had a fierce rivalry while in charge of Liverpool and Chelsea respectively, before Benitez succeeded Mourinho as Inter boss on the back of his treble-winning success at San Siro.
But the 53-year-old endured a miserable time in Italy, as he was sacked just six months into his reign.
- Ferguson looking forward to Mourinho's Premier League return
- Benitez believes Wenger is best coach in Premier League
- Mourinho would consider return to Inter once Chelsea adventure is over
- Chelsea appoint Benitez as interim manager till season end
- Benitez tells Abramovich he wants to stay in-charge of Chelsea